Digital Content and Collections is and has been involved in a number of grants. This page briefly describes these, and will be added to over time. To request further information on any of these, please contact Kat Hagedorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Edison Collection of American Sheet Music, 1800-1870
- Granting agency: Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)
- Timeline: 2016-2018
- Collaborators: U-M Library Music Library and Digital Content & Collections
- Description: Digitize approximately 37,000 pieces of late 19th and early 20th CCE sheet music collected by Thomas Edison and make the sheet music available in the HathiTrust Digital Library.
- Materials available: HathiTrust Digital Library collection at https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/mb?a=listis&c=293249306
Flora and Fauna of the Great Lakes
- Granting agency: Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- Timeline: 2000-2002
- Collaborators: U-M Library, the Fish and Mammal Divisions of the Museum of Zoology, and the Fungus Collections of the University Herbarium
- Description: Development of increased access to the Great Lakes region Flora and Fauna portions of the Museums collections, and the development of an extensible infrastructure for putting Natural History collections online.
- Materials available: Twelve digital collections which are Fish Collection Database, Fish Specimen Image Collection, Fish Field Notes, Distribution Maps of Michigan Fishes, Fish Species Descriptions, Mammal Division Collection Database with Specimen Images, Mammal Division Maps, Mammal Division Field Notes, Fungus Collection Database, Krieger's Watercolors of Fungi, Fungus Image Database, Fungus Monographs